Chapter Seven  

Posted by The Alchemist in

Well, good news. I posted. Even if it is short I can't really post the next bit in this, sorry. I picked up Age of Empires 3 on Thursday and its awesome. I'll leave it to your imagination as to why I didn't update friday. This is mondays update a day late. I'm also excited that I've come up with a working title for this story. May not keep it, but its better then nothing.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

As they stood in the hall the moments passed slowly. The grey smoke from Aleksey’s display and Jacob’s gun hung lazily in the air, filling the hall. After it seemed the danger had passed Jacob turned to Aleksey.

“I’ve heard the stories, but they don’t hold a candle...” He said, his face incredulous. “How do we deal with that?”

“I have seen them do it before. I should have warned you.”

He chuckled.
“Do not worry, I think they cannot come through walls.” He said, gesturing.

“Oh, well great.” Jacob murmured.

Jacob glanced over at the wagon.

“You could have done without that.” He said.

“I was caught in the moment. It is hard to think like this, you know that.”

Aleksey closed his eyes, and his whole body seemed to relax. As the faint radiance surrounding him began to fade, a breeze filled the hallway, hot like a summer wind. It seemed to come from Aleksey, who grew dimmer until the only light in the hall was that of the lantern.

“Erick will come faster if he knows there are wolf troubles. He has had many encounters with them.” He said ,pausing.

“Sometimes I suspect he goes looking for them.” He said, shaking his head.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 8, 2008 at Tuesday, July 08, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment